Qatar, Middle East
The Public Works Authority (PWA) has devised the Expressways Program, which was divided into nine groups composed of 28 projects. The New Orbital Highway and Truck Route Package 4 is one of the four-packages of the New Orbital Highway and Truck Route.
The basic function of the proposed New Orbital Highway & Truck Route Contract 4 is to provide a new road between Dukhan Highway and Al Khor Highway. The project includes approximately 47 km of road network and five interchanges. The main road consists of 10-lane section (5 in each direction) with additional 2 lanes for future widening. In addition, four separated truck lanes (2 in each direction) are provided from the limit of contract to near the intersection with Orbital Highway/ Dukhan Highway.
- New Orbital Highway and Truck Route Package 4 (42 km)
- Realignment of Al Gharrafa Road (2 km)
- Connection with existing Al Mazroa’a Road (2 km)
- Overpass connection to DNSTP, mostly on structure (1 km)
- 5 Grade-separated interchanges
- Highway drainage
- Relocation of existing utilities
- Street lighting, EHV/HV/MV/LV/Telecom networks
- Emiir and SSD networks
- ITS network
- Landscape, irrigation and artscape